Weed brownies are for many people one of the favourite ways of consuming cannabis.
This doesn’t come as a surprise, bearing in mind a few facts about these classic marijuana edibles:
- They can be made of various marijuana strengths
- They represent a discreet way of consuming weed
- And most importantly, they can be very tasty.
Pot brownies can be bought in store, with many different flavours and types of weed at your disposal, but they can also be easily made at home in just a few steps.
Making weed brownies at home gives you the freedom to decide how sweet or how strong they will be. Also, once you master the basic weed brownies recipe, you can experiment with various ingredients and customize according to your taste.
So, if you are eager to test your cooking skills and learn how to make weed brownies at the convenience of your home, check out the recipe below.
What Will You Need to Make Pot Brownies?
- ½ cup of cannabutter (that contains 0.5 grams of weed or 75mg of THC)*
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of water
*Cannabutter used in this recipe is made out of weed that has 15% of THC (one gram of weed has 150mg of THC).
- Two mixing bowls
- A whisk
- A spatula
- Medium-sized baking pan (made out of stainless steel or glass)
How to Make Weed Brownies?
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (162°C).
- Take some cannabutter and grease the baking pan. Let the rest of the cannabutter soften at room temperature.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl (cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt).
- In another bowl, whip wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla extract, water, and cannabutter).
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with dry mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Put the mixture into the baking pan and smooth it out with a spatula.
- Bake the mixture for 20-30 minutes. Take a toothpick and poke the mixture, if the toothpick is clean and dry, the brownies are done.
- Let the mixture cool down, cut the brownies, and enjoy. *
*It is recommended to cut the mixture into 25 brownies, so each brownie will have about 3mg of THC.
As mentioned earlier, the great thing about homemade brownies is that you can use different ingredients to enrich the basic brownie recipe. That means that you can add walnuts, almonds, white or black chocolate chips into the basic pot brownie recipe and play with different flavours.
In addition, if you want to make this recipe vegan, you can simply use vegan cannabutter or canna-oil.
For those less enthusiastic about experimenting in the kitchen, there’s always the option of buying store-bought brownie mix and mixing it with cannabutter or canna-oil.
Now that we learnt how to make weed brownies, it’s time to solve some common enigmas about these yummy pot edibles.
How Much Weed To Put in Weed Brownies?
The strength of your weed brownies depends on a few things:
- The amount of weed you used to make cannabutter
- The amount of THC in the weed
- How much cannabutter you used in the brownie recipe
That’s why it is very important to get the weed dosage right when making cannabutter.
The usual amount of THC per edible for newbies in the cannabis world is around 2.5mg THC per edible.
Basically, you can calculate the potency of each brownie by dividing the total amount of THC used in the recipe by the total amount of brownies.
Depending on your likings, you can easily determine how much weed to put in the brownies. Bear in mind that the usual amount of THC per edible for newbies in the cannabis world is around 2.5mg THC per edible.
When you are making a lot of edibles (like in this recipe), it is advisable to consume them with caution and take one brownie at a time until you figure out what dosage works best for you.
This is especially important if you have in mind the onset time. What this means is that after you eat a brownie, you will probably need to wait about one to four hours for THC to kick in. Once you start feeling the effects of weed brownies, they can last up to several hours.
How Long Do Weed Brownies Stay Good?
Although it can be very hard not to eat all the delicious brownies when you make them, it’s a good idea to save some edibles for later. Especially since you really don’t want to exceed your daily dose of THC by eating a bunch of brownies.
Pot brownies can last up to two days.
Pot brownies, just as regular homemade brownies, can last up to two days when stored at room temperature. It is best to store them in an airtight container since air and moisture can spoil the edibles.
Some people like to keep them in the fridge, which is totally fine, but you need to know that fridge storage can make your brownies turn dry.
Have you tried weed brownies before? Share your favourite recipes in the comments below.
We are an elevated cannabis retailer, with a network of corporate owned stores, selling a curated assortment of cannabis and related products.
The Choom Gang
It began in 1979 with a group of friends on a small hawaiian island, with an even smaller van. This weed loving crew would go on to influence our world, but back then it wasn’t about the future, it was about having good times with good friends. Plenty has changed since then, but one thing remains the same; they are still sharing adventures, sparking ideas, and cultivating good times.
1. Please consume responsibly.
2. When canning any food at home (e.g. cannabutter or canna-oil) you should be very careful since there can be a risk of the appearance of toxin that can lead to botulism, a very serious illness. This happens when food is canned, processed, stored or handled. Bacteria that cause botulism can very quickly grow in cannabis edibles that are made at home. Bacteria can cause botulism poisoning which is a very serious illness that affects the body’s nerves and produces serious health consequences.